Sunday, October 29, 2006

In the Works




My daughter and son-in-law came over this weekend and helped out some. Virgil and Josiah have been living with his sister in Elizabeth, and Josiah has decided to try public school. So I guess they're gone for the winter. So Amber and Dave helped me get my wood stove going. Dave split all this wood by hand (actually, with an axe), and Amber helped him stack it, cleaned out the stove room, and clean out the stove. Then Dave built a fire, and I've kept it going.
Dave also fixed the stairs in the garage (there was an unfortunate accident while Josiah's friend was over for a sleepover one night and three stairs collapsed). He discovered that the first 3 stairs were constructed with nails instead of screws. That's why they came loose.
Anyway, I'm forever grateful for the inspiration to get to work, and hope the momentum continues, as I have lots to do.

No comments: