Saturday, October 15, 2005

Peaceful familes

Here's the original post on the yahoo groups radical christian unschoolers discussion board:

I would like to respond to the parents of the angry and fearful ones.

My husband and I are Health Ministers with Hallelujah Acres.

I have a 12 year old son. I have discovered that diet greatly affects one's peace of mind.

The crunchier, the better. Try giving your children lots of raw fruit if they won't eat raw vegetables.

Avoiding sugar, caffeine, and white flour--not to mention artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, and preservatives--contributes to a peaceful attitude.

Also, I'm sure getting to the bottom of the anger and fear is important.

What are they angry about? What are they fearful about?

Usually, love will conquer all. A loving attitude from the parent can solve most problems. Make sure all your actions and reactions are inspired by love.

____________________________________